The aim of this programme is to equip the learner with the skills, knowledge, and competence in the principles of employment law and the statutory frameworks which regulate the employment relationship.
What will I study?
- Employment Law (6N4322)
Why should I apply?
- Demonstrate a specialised knowledge of employment law principles and provisions and of the Irish legal system and the influence of European law on Irish employment law.
- Evaluate the theoretical concepts and models relating to individual employment rights.
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools to the contract of employment.
- Impact of Data Protection and Freedom of Information in the management and maintenance of employee information in the workplace.
- Evaluate the role of employment legislation and institutions.
- Assess the facts in defined breaches of employment law.
- Demonstrate a specialised understanding of the status, interpretation and implementation of collective bargaining.
- Appreciate the legal significance of Human Resource grievance and disciplinary policies and procedures.
- Investigate the legislative framework of health, safety and welfare.
- Evaluate the role and function of labour relations institutions and trade unions.
- Report on the impact of a principal of employment law.
What are the entry requirements?
- NFQ Level 5 in a relevant discipline when accessing a Level 6 programme.
- Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a broad range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course and be able to exercise initiative and independence when carrying out course activities.
What are the fees?
This course is offered under the Skills to Advance Initiative. With this, a certain eligibility criteria applies. To find out if you are eligible, contact the Business Support Unit on 066 714 9690 or [email protected].
A fee waiver is in place for applicants in receipt of a qualifying social welfare payment. You can check your fee waiver eligibility with Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP), INTREO or your Local Employment Service (LES) office.
What is the certification?
QQI Level 6 Minor Award Certificate in Employment Law (6N4322)