Information and Communications Technology
If you need to improve your computer skills along with mathematics and Communications this course is for you. If you have been out of the work force and out of Education and need to upskill this course is for you.
What will I study?
- Career Planning (4N1109)
- Computer Applications (4N1112)
- Desktop Publishing (4N1854)
- Digital Media Technology (4N1858)
- English And Communications Level 4 (4N0689)
- English As A Second Language (4N1180)
- Information Technology Skills (4N1125)
- Mathematics (4N1987)
- Web Design (4N1122)
- Work Experience (4N1168)
Why should I do this course?
• ICT L4 is a very good general starting point for anyone looking to improve employment prospects.
• IT is used in almost all working environments and a knowledge of IT is essential to participate in a vocational setting.
• Socially now people use IT to connect with family and friends all over the world.
• For older learners staying abreast of changing technologies is desirable to stay connected with a very rapid changing world, to be able to communicate with children and grandchildren.
What are the entry requirements?
- Applicants must be 18+
- Competent written and spoken English (CEFR Level B1 or higher)
- Non-EU/EEA applicants must have permission to work in Ireland
What are the progression opportunities?
ICT L4 students can progress to Office Administration Level 5, Medical Administration Level 5.
Others may apply directly to MTU for level 7 or 8 courses as a mature student.
Opportunities are endless once you make the first move at ICT L4.
There are no fees payable on this course. All materials and books are provided.
Learner payments may be available to some applicants.
QQI Level 4 Major Award Certificate in Information & Communications Technology Skills (4M0855)