This course explores application protocols and delves into their relationship with the protocols and services provided by the Transport, Internet, Data Link and Physical layers of the network. The course will encompass the basics of Routing – both static and dynamic and incorporates the configuration and implementation of routing protocols. Simulation-based activities, using Packet Tracer, allow Learners to design, build and configure multiple networks. With a wide variety of equipment and features to choose from, Learners are encouraged to experiment with different topologies and observe network traffic flow.
What are the entry requirements?
- Applicants must be at least 18 years
- Education: CompTIA A+, Network+, College QQI Level 5 and or relevant experience. Previous online exam experience is essential.
- Good verbal and written command of the English language (Common European Framework B2 or equivalent)
- Non EU/EEA applicants must have permission to work in Ireland
- Learners must have IT competence at a level of advanced end user
What will I study?
Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching (eCCisco)
What is the certification?
CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate (200-301)