Barista Skills (Skills to Advance)
Enhance your employability prospects in the hospitality sector with these highly sought-after skills.
Skills to Advance Business Support Unit
The aim of the this programme is to equip the learner with the skills, knowledge and competence to gain employment or career progression in the hospitality sector.
What will I be studying?
Barista Skills (7102-201)
Why should I apply?
- Identify and control hazards in the workplace, demonstrate an understanding or risk assessment and maintain a healthy and safe workplace.
- Create a wide range of hot and cold Barista type drinks to professional standards. This includes, espresso, cappuccino, café latte, filter coffee, tea, hot chocolate and smoothies.
- Promote and support good customer service and develop their skills in communication, working with others and problem solve.
- Carry out retail transactions in a busy work environment.
- Create and/or update their CV in preparation for employment.
- Take part in simulated interview for a job in this industry.
What are the entry requirements?
Must have a Leaving Certificate or equivalent or achieved a minimum of a QQI Level 4 Major award or its equivalent and have achieved relevant skills, knowledge and competencies through work experience.
- Good numerical and communications skills are essential, including verbal and written command of the English language
- Indicate an interest in working in the hospitality industry.
- Personal Skills- Have a positive outlook and demonstrate an interest in working in this area.
- Applicants should be adaptable, reliable, trustworthy and be committed to continuous training.
- Good interpersonal skills, initiative and the ability to work with others.
- Applicants must be 18+ years of age on entry to the course.
- Ideally candidates should have some experience of working in the hospitality industry, but this is not essential.
What are the fees?
This course is offered under the Skills to Advance Initiative. With this, a certain eligibility criteria applies. To find out if you are eligible, contact the Business Support Unit on 066 714 9690 or [email protected].
A fee waiver is in place for applicants in receipt of a qualifying social welfare payment. You can check your fee waiver eligibility with Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP), INTREO or your Local Employment Service (LES) office.
What is the Certification?
C&G – Barista Skills (7102-201)