Using online tools and services to find and share information is an important part of working life. This module develops the skills and knowledge that support these activities, focusing on browsing, searching, and communicating. This module is suitable for a wide range of candidates who want to access and use the internet effectively and securely.
What will I be studying?
- Computer and Online Essentials (ICDL-C&OE)
Why should I apply?
• Understand the key concepts of browsing the internet.
• Recognise good practice in safety and security online.
• Know how to search for online information and critically evaluate web content.
• Understand the concept of online communities, communications, and email.
• Know how to send, receive, and manage emails.
What are the fees?
This course is offered under the Skills to Advance Initiative. With this, a certain eligibility criteria applies. To find out if you are eligible, contact the Business Support Unit on 066 714 9690 or [email protected].
A fee waiver is in place for applicants in receipt of a qualifying social welfare payment. You can check your fee waiver eligibility with Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP), INTREO or your Local Employment Service (LES) office.
What is the certification?
ICDL Workforce – Online Essentials (ICDL-OE)